COVID-19 and Partner Visas

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

As you may be aware, you can only travel to Australia if you are an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, an immediate family member of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or are a New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia.


Travellers who have a compassionate or compelling reason to travel to Australia will need to have an exemption from the Australian Border Force Commissioner.


You are only considered to be an immediate family member if you are:

  • a spouse
  • a de facto partner
  • a dependent child/ren
  • a legal guardian.


Partner (subclasses 100, 309, 801, 820) visa holders can come to Australia. You do not need to request an exemption.


However, you may need to provide the Department of Home Affairs with evidence of your relationship.


Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa holders can’t come to Australia at the moment.


We at Migration Lawyers Melbourne are committed to providing you with the most up to date information on changes to partner visas due to COVID 19 restrictions.

The information contained in this publication is of a general nature only. It should not be used as legal advice. Please refer to our website’s terms of use for more information, or book a consultation to get started with us.

Book a FREE Consultation:

Book your free consultation:

Our Migration Lawyers Can Help
You Get Your Next Visa, Fast!

Our Migration Lawyers Can Help You Get Your Next Visa, Fast!

If you need a Visa, our Migration Lawyers in Melbourne have all the experience and knowledge you need to create a successful Visa application.

Select a Migration Lawyer below to start a WhatsApp chat: